To get the right answer to a question just move the cursor over the button:
The answer will then be displayed in the speech bubble tooltip.
If you click on the button you will get the answers to all questions in the quiz.
1. When was she born?
2. Where was she born?
3. What was her birth name?
4. Where did she study dance?
5. She was discovered at the age of 11 by what head of the Vaudeville Kiddie revue?
6. In 1928, she made her Broadway debut in what musical revue?
7. She made her first film appearance in an uncredited bit part in what 1930 flick?
8. In 1931, she appeared with Anita Page and Fanny Brice on Broadway in what show?
9. She made her major film debut in what 1935 movie?
10. What was Powell's first leading role, and her first film for MGM?
11. What two Cole Porter standards were introduced in Born to Dance?
12. The majority of songs in Broadway Melody of 1938 were written by what two men?
13. In Rosalie, she danced on a giant set of what musical instrument?
14. What are two famous Powell numbers from Honolulu?
15. What are two famous Powell/Astaire numbers from Broadway Melody of 1940?
16. The most notable sequence of Lady Be Good involves an epic tap dance routine by Powell to the melody of what George Gershwin song?
17. She taps out a message in Morse code in what film?
18. What was the name of her dance number in Duchess of Idaho?
19. She hosted what religious-themed TV program which won five local Emmy Awards?
20. She became the first specialty tapper to ever appear where?
21. What was her nickname?
22. What is her famous quote about God?
23. Please name her husband.
24. How many children did she have?
25. When did she pass away?
To download FREE Eleanor Powell wallpaper left click on the thumbnail below and a large image [1600 x 1200] will load in a separate window. Right click your mouse on the [1600 x 1200] image and choose "set as wallpaper" or "save as" and choose a directory in which to place your wallpaper.
Please help support Meredy's Place by shopping here.
CLICK HERE to search for Eleanor Powell merchandise
MEREDY'S PLACE INDEX
© , all rights reserved.