To get the right answer to a question just move the cursor over the button:
The answer will then be displayed in the speech bubble tooltip.
If you click on the button you will get the answers to all questions in the quiz.
1. When was he born?
2. Where was he born?
3. What was his birth name?
4. What was his career prior to being an actor?
5. Huston began his Broadway career on January 22, 1924 in which he appeared in what play?
6. His first major film role was portraying the villainous Trampas in what 1929 western?
7. What President of the United States did he portray in a 1930 biographical film directed by D. W. Griffith?
8. He played Captain Jim Fitzpatrick in what 1932 pre-Code gangster movie?
9. He starred as a conflicted missionary who wants to reform Sadie Thompson, but whose own morals start decaying in what 1932 South Seas drama film?
10. He starred as the title character in Dodsworth in both the Broadway and film versions. What awards did he win for his performance?
11. What was his chracter's name in Gabriel Over the White House?
12. What song did he perform in the original Broadway production of Knickerbocker Holiday in 1938?
13. He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in what 1941 fantasy film?
14. He made an unbilled appearance in what film in 1941? It was done as a good luck gesture for his son, John Huston, on his directorial debut.
15. He portrayed George M. Cohan's father in what film?
16. Who was his co-star in 1942's Always In My Heart?
17. He appeared in what 1945 film based on an Agatha Christie novel?
18. He played Gene Tierney's father in what 1946 period drama?
19. He won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar and his son won Best Director and Best Screenplay Oscars for what 1948 movie?
20. What was his last film?
21. Eugene O'Neill maintained that Huston's performance as Ephraim Cabot was the greatest performance by any actor in any of his works. Please name the play.
22. The Hustons were the first family to do what?
23. Please name his three wives.
24. How many children did he have?
25. When did he pass away?
To download FREE Walter Huston wallpaper left click on the thumbnail below and a large image [1600 x 1200] will load in a separate window. Right click your mouse on the [1600 x 1200] image and choose "set as wallpaper" or "save as" and choose a directory in which to place your wallpaper.
Please help support Meredy's Place by shopping here.
CLICK HERE to search for Walter Huston merchandise
MEREDY'S PLACE INDEX
© , all rights reserved.