So you've decided to cheat and take a look at the answers?
OK, spoil the fun and read the answers below!
1. June 10, 1895
2. Wichita, Kansas
3. Hattie McDaniel
4. "Hi-Hat Hattie" and "The Colored Sophie Tucker"
5. He was a Baptist minister.
6. Professor George Morrison's Orchestra
7. On the radio
8. On the Pantages and Orpheum circuits (vaudeville)
9. She hired out as a domestic, a cook, or a washerwoman.
10. The Golden West
12. "I naturally felt I could create in it something distinctive and unique."
13. She won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Mammy in Gone with the Wind.
14. Sadly, she was not invited to the Atlanta, Georgia premiere because of her race.
15. Tom and Jerry
16. In This Our Life
17. The Mad Miss Manton
18. Since You Went Away
20. She willed her Oscar to Howard University, but the Oscar was lost during the race riots at Howard during the 1960s. It has never been found.
21. "I'd rather play a maid than be one."
22. Four times - Larry Williams, James Lloyd Crawford, Howard C. Hickman and George Langford
24. October 26, 1952 in San Fernando Valley, California (breast cancer)
25. She was the first African-American to be buried in Los Angeles' Rosedale Cemetery.
Please help support Meredy's Place by shopping here.
CLICK HERE to search for Hattie McDaniel merchandise
Meredy's Hattie McDaniel Trivia Mania
MEREDY'S PLACE INDEX
© , all rights reserved.