To get the right answer to a question just move the cursor over the button:
The answer will then be displayed in the speech bubble tooltip.
If you click on the button you will get the answers to all questions in the quiz.
1. When was he born?
2. Where was he born?
3. What was his birth name?
4. When he was a child, his heart was permanently damaged by what disease?
5. What noted educator introduced him to acting?
6. Early on, he learned his craft at what two theater companies?
7. He made his Broadway debut in 1932 in what play?
8. He joined what theatre collective?
9. He played Ralph in what Clifford Odets drama?
10. When Luther Adler was cast in the lead role in Golden Boy instead of him, disillusioned, Garfield signed a contract with what film studio?
11. He received wide critical acclaim and a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in what 1938 film?
12. In Juarez, what was his character's name?
13. Who played his girlfriend in Castle on the Hudson?
14. He portrayed Rims Rosson and Anne Shirley portrayed Bobby Halevy in what 1940 movie?
15. He and actress Bette Davis were the driving forces behind the opening of what club?
16. Who were the three stars of The Sea Wolf?
17. In Pride of the Marines, what was his character's disability?
18. He starred with Lana Turner in The Postman Always Rings Twice. The film was based on a novel by what author?
19. In Humoresque, what musical instrument did his character play?
20. He was nominated for Best Actor in a Leading Role for his performance as a boxer who becomes involved with crooked promoters in what movie?
21. He starred as Joe Morse, a lawyer, in what 1948 film noir?
22. What was his last film?
23. Please name his wife.
24. How many children did he have?
25. When did he pass away?
To download FREE John Garfield wallpaper left click on the thumbnail below and a large image [1600 x 1200] will load in a separate window. Right click your mouse on the [1600 x 1200] image and choose "set as wallpaper" or "save as" and choose a directory in which to place your wallpaper.
Please help support Meredy's Place by shopping here.
CLICK HERE to search for John Garfield merchandise
MEREDY'S PLACE INDEX
© , all rights reserved.