To get the right answer to a question just move the cursor over the button:
The answer will then be displayed in the speech bubble tooltip.
If you click on the button you will get the answers to all questions in the quiz.
1. When was he born?
2. Where was he born?
3. What was his birth name?
4. Where did the name "Ossie" come from?
5. He experienced racism from an early age when the KKK threatened to do what?
6. In 1935, he hitchhiked from Georgia to Washington, D.C. and enrolled where?
7. Barred by the Daughters of the American Revolution from performing at Constitution Hall, what woman sang at the Lincoln Memorial for an audience of 75,000 — including one Ossie Davis?
8. He left Howard for Harlem and joined the Rose McClendon Players, where he made his stage debut in what play?
9. In 1942, he enlisted in the US Army and was stationed in Liberia with the 25th Station Hospital. What's noteworthy about the unit?
10. In 1946, Davis and Dee toured together in an American Negro Theater production of what Broadway hit?
11. He made his film debut in 1950 in what Sidney Poitier film?
12. In 1952, Davis made his playwriting debut with Dee in the title role. What's the name of the play?
13. In 1955, he wrote and staged what play?
14. In 1958, he was nominated for a Tony Award for Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical for his work in what musical?
15. In 1961, what play of his opened on Broadway? It would later become the musical Purlie.
16. He was a featured speaker at the funerals of what two civil rights leaders?
17. In 1970, he made his directing debut with what film?
18. In 1979, his play, Escape to Freedom, won what two awards?
19. What was his character's name on Evening Shade?
20. Davis and Dee celebrated their 50th anniversary with the publication of their joint autobiography. What's the book's title?
21. He won a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Performer in a Children's Special for his role in what telefilm?
22. What was the title of his last play?
23. Please name his wife.
24. How many children did he have?
25. When did he pass away?
To download FREE Ossie Davis wallpaper left click on the thumbnail below and a large image [1600 x 1200] will load in a separate window. Right click your mouse on the [1600 x 1200] image and choose "set as wallpaper" or "save as" and choose a directory in which to place your wallpaper.
Please help support Meredy's Place by shopping here.
CLICK HERE to search for Ossie Davis merchandise
MEREDY'S PLACE INDEX
© , all rights reserved.