To get the right answer to a question just move the cursor over the button:
The answer will then be displayed in the speech bubble tooltip.
If you click on the button you will get the answers to all questions in the quiz.
1. When was he born?
2. Where was he born?
3. What was his birth name?
4. As a child of deaf adults, Chaney became skilled in what?
5. What year did he enter a stage career and begin traveling with popular vaudeville and theater acts?
6. In April 1913, his first wife attempted suicide at the Majestic Theater in downtown Los Angeles by doing what?
7. He first worked in film for what studio?
8. In 1919, Chaney had a breakthrough performance as "The Frog" in what George Loane Tucker movie?
9. He portrayed amputee gangster Blizzard in what 1920 crime film?
10. Chaney appeared in ten films directed by Tod Browning, often portraying disguised and/or mutilated characters. Please name the films.
11. He worked with Irving Thalberg at both Universal Pictures and MGM. On how many films did they collaborate?
12. Who played Esmeralda to his Quasimodo in 1923's The Hunchback of Notre Dame?
13. What was the first movie to begin filming under the production of the newly formed Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer?
14. The unmasking scene in what film which was said to have made theater patrons scream and faint in 1925?
15. He made The Unholy Three twice, first as a silent film and then as a talkie. What characters did he portray in both?
16. What two characters did he play in The Blackbird?
17. What film was the biggest box office success of Chaney's career?
18. He portrayed a Chinese patriarch who tries to exact revenge on the Englishman who seduced his daughter in what film?
19. Who was his co-star in 1927's The Unknown?
20. What 1927 Chaney film remains one of the most famous and eagerly sought of all lost films?
21. In 1929, Chaney built an impressive stone cabin in the remote wilderness of the eastern Sierra Nevada, near Big Pine, California, as a retreat. Who designed it?
22. His ability to transform himself using makeup techniques he developed earned him what nickname?
23. Please name his two wives.
24. How many children did he have?
25. When did he pass away?
To download FREE Lon Chaney, Sr. wallpaper left click on the thumbnail below and a large image [1600 x 1200] will load in a separate window. Right click your mouse on the [1600 x 1200] image and choose "set as wallpaper" or "save as" and choose a directory in which to place your wallpaper.
Please help support Meredy's Place by shopping here.
CLICK HERE to search for Lon Chaney, Sr. merchandise
MEREDY'S PLACE INDEX
© , all rights reserved.