To get the right answer to a question just move the cursor over the button:
The answer will then be displayed in the speech bubble tooltip.
If you click on the button you will get the answers to all questions in the quiz.
1. When was she born?
2. Where was she born?
3. What was her birth name?
4. She made her inevitable Broadway debut at the age of 16 in an 1895 production of what play?
5. In 1897, she went with William Gillette to London to play Miss Kittridge in what Gillette play?
6. What young man, who later became Prime Minister of the UK, asked her to marry him?
7. What role made her a star?
8. She strongly supported what American labor union?
9. Barrymore appeared in her first motion picture in 1914. What's the film's title?
10. She made 15 silent pictures between 1914 and 1919, most of them for what studio?
11. In 1926, she scored one of her greatest successes as the sophisticated spouse of a philandering husband in what W. Somerset Maugham comedy?
12. When did the Ethel Barrymore Theatre open?
13. Drawn back to film work by the intriguing prospect of appearing alongside both of her brothers, she made her first "talkie." What's the film's title?
14. She was the star of what drama which began its lengthy Broadway run in 1940?
15. Barrymore won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her role in what movie?
16. She was Oscar-nominated for playing Mrs. Warren in what 1946 thriller?
17. She was Oscar-nominated twice more. Please name the roles and films.
18. She played Alida De Bronkhart in what 1952 Bing Crosby/Jane Wyman film?
19. She hosted the last series produced by the DuMont Television Network. What was the title?
20. She made her final feature film appearance in what 1957 romantic-drama?
21. So popular was she during her heyday, that her good-humored admonition to persistent theater audiences wanting another curtain call was what?
22. What was her nickname?
23. Please name her husband.
24. How many children did she have?
25. When did she pass away?
To download FREE Ethel Barrymore wallpaper left click on the thumbnail below and a large image [1600 x 1200] will load in a separate window. Right click your mouse on the [1600 x 1200] image and choose "set as wallpaper" or "save as" and choose a directory in which to place your wallpaper.
Please help support Meredy's Place by shopping here.
CLICK HERE to search for Ethel Barrymore merchandise
MEREDY'S PLACE INDEX
© , all rights reserved.